Go like it!!!!
Hello, My Name is Ginger!
I'm a Christian, Gryffindor, Whovian, Oncer, Rumbeller, Medic in the Rumbelle War, Craig Ferguson fangirl, Dreamer, Artist, Writer, Knitter, Seamstress-in-training, Fangirl, and all around human being... I think.
Because we can laugh about it now… right?
Inspired by the Thor post.
Go like it!!!!
Mercury Power Make Up!
I was tagged by dingproceed.
Post a screenshot of your desktop NOW! This is my phone background, and it’s from Jane and the Dragon.
I’m tagging chocolate-and-creamcake, mollisweetmassacre,
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman#and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18#that was all reviewers could see about her#even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well#and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date#the moment she was a legal adult
One of the best moments of my childhood.
ZERO HAD ZERO FUCKS
I can’t even tell you how excited I was that they turned this book into a movie and it was good
I literally have absolutely no complaints with the movie at all. Once, my friend and I did comparisons from the book and the movie, and we found the only major difference was the fact that Stanley wasn’t heavy set when he arrived at the camp in the movie. The majority of the script is raw quotations from the book.
This is my favorite book to movie adaptation and it did everything Percy Jackson, Inkheart, and The Golden Compass didn’t.
yesss this was such a good book and film
And the only reason Stanely wasn’t heavy set was because in the book he loses tons of weight and eventually ends up being almost thin. The director said he didn’t want to force an adolescent boy to lose weight on such a quick filming schedule, and L’bouf’s audition was so spot on, that they decided to go with a thinner Stanely from the beginning
^reblogging for that comment